Confidence relative to August 2021 :
About the Survey:
- Overall Score – Down from 40.1 to 35.7; Neutral to Pessimistic
- Government Policies – Down from 31.06 to 23.48; yet Pessimistic
- Consumer Behaviour – Down from 47.47 to 39.42, Neutral to Pessimistic
- Ease of Access to Finance – Up from 28.79 to 29.55, yet Pessimistic
- Access to Technology – Up from 44.95 to 47.12, yet Neutral
- Supply Chain Continuity – Down from 47.98 to 38.78, Neutral to Pessimistic
SME pulse computes an aggregate monthly SME market sentiment score based on crowd psychology and sentiment on business environment influencing performance. Confidence on business environment was assessed based on five key themes:
Method of computation:
- Government Policies – Are government policies on taxation, export, import conducive to business health?
- Consumer Behaviour – Are changes in consumer behaviors/trends and purchasing patterns, both locally and globally fueling/hampering business demand/growth?
- Ease of Access to Finance – Is the business able to access finance for growth or working capital management?
- Access to Technology – Is the business able to access and adopt technology/digital across enterprise and extended supply chain?
- Supply Chain Continuity – Are there a wide array of suppliers and trading partners to ensure your supply chain continuity?
Sum of average mean scores of each question were computed as a product of 4 to convert it into an index out of 100. This score that ranges from 20-100 is then standardized to run from 0-100.
Click here to take this survey for October 2021: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=eMTgpNmiz0WDRvzGx7Na6vLgt-6WXwhLvW59aLSFV3RUQkFCTjRFREpSMkc2VUMwMUtCTkhPTEJQUyQlQCN0PWcu